1. What versions of SharePoint is ShareKnowledge LMS compatible with?
For on-premise deployment, you can deploy ShareKnowledge LMS on a server running all versions of SharePoint (2007, 2010, or 2013). ShareKnowledge can also be implemented in a private Cloud based on Microsoft Azure or a public Cloud with SharePoint Online and Office 365, or in hybrid environments.
2. What is the pricing model for ShareKnowledge LMS?
ShareKnowledge is price aggressive, both in terms of costs to acquire and deploy, and equally important, to support and maintain the system and environment - because it is based on Microsoft® SharePoint®. Unlike other LMS solutions, regardless of whether they are fully hosted (SaaS) or premise-based, we offer competitive pricing based on 1- or 3-year Per-User Licensing Model. This includes all ShareKnowledge LMS 4.x upgrades and updates.
3. What is your multi-language support?
ShareKnowledge can host any content in any language because it’s a SharePoint application. However, ShareKnowledge specifically supports English, Dutch, French and German, with plans to add more languages.
4. Can ShareKnowledge LMS be a hosted solution?
Yes, ShareKnowledge is available through a SharePoint Hosting Provider, like Piramide ICT Services. Because ShareKnowledge is based on all versions of SharePoint (2007, 2010, 2013) it is also extendable and customizable if deployed on-premise.
5. How does ShareKnowledge LMS integrate with my HR systems?
Very well! We are especially excited because ShareKnowledge’s superior integration with your existing systems is not only quick, it’s non-disruptive when deployed on-premise. ShareKnowledge doesn’t require a lengthy, complex integration period because it works seamlessly with your existing Microsoft technologies, and it synchronizes with business and HR systems such as SAP, PeopleSoft and corporate CRM tools.
It’s important to note that any LMS that is SaaS-based requires some effort to integrate with your HR systems.
6. How does ShareKnowledge LMS authenticate users?
ShareKnowledge is based on services and infrastructure of SharePoint and Internet Information Services. Both are for user authentication and authorization as well as for control over the access to sites, lists and document libraries, and site personalization. Access and authentication to ShareKnowledge is provided by Active Directory (AD), Single Sign-On (SSO) services, or a combination of both depending upon your environment and the mix of internal vs. external users.
- The following SharePoint Authentication Providers are used most frequently:
Active Directory provider – a typical provider for a portal’s internal user authentication, for example, the organization’s employees.
- SQL Membership Provider – used for form-based authentication, when information about users' accounts are stored in a database of a specific structure. It is mostly used for authentication of external users who are not employees of the organization.
- LDAP provider – used for user authentication by means of directory services using the LDAP protocol. This provider is included in the SharePoint Server and is not included in SPFS.
7. What are the hardware/software requirements for deploying ShareKnowledge LMS on site?
For information about hardware/software requirements, visit the Software Requirements page.
8. How well does ShareKnowledge LMS work with pop-up blockers?
Pop-up blockers should not be a problem. Make sure that you turn on Java Script and allow pop-up windows.
9. How is content created?